The European Society of Cardiology has two administrative centres.
The European Heart House is based in France and is the administrative headquarters. It also serves as a meeting centre for educational courses, ESC meetings and more.
The European Heart Agency, based in Brussels, is the hub supporting advocacy related activities, as well as host meetings and networking events across all health care stakeholders.
European Heart House
The European Heart House (EHH) is located in the beautiful technology park of Sophia Antipolis, within the borders of the commune of Biot, in the South of France between Nice and Cannes. The EHH also offers the best in terms of conference facilities.
European Society of Cardiology
The European Heart House
2035 route des colles
CS 80179 Biot
06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
Will you be arriving by car? Here are the directions to find us:
Exit the A8 highway at Antibes, exit 44
Follow the roadsigns in the direction of Biot
At the fourth roundabout, take a U-turn around the roudabout and go back up the hill towards the European Heart House, a glass building on your right-hand side.
France Gender Equality Index
Gender Equality Index: 92
- Gender pay gap, for comparable jobs and age groups: 37 points
- Pay rises awarded to women in comparison with men, whether they come with promotions or are personal raises: 35 points
- Percentage of female employees given a pay rise on returning from maternity leave: 15 point
- Number of women and men in the top ten pay grades: 5 points
Last update 01/03/2023
European Heart Agency
The European Society of Cardiology opened the European Heart Agency in Brussels in February 2013, close to the European Parliament complex, as it is of vital importance to the ESC’s future to establish a base in the political capital of Europe.
Establishing the Brussels office is a very strong demonstration of the ESC’s determination to influence policies for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases with a presence at the center of European politics.
- Science is not enough to stop the cardiovascular disease (CVD) epidemic.
- Fifty per cent of CVD deaths could be prevented with proper policies.
- In light of the growing CVD burden, policies need to focus on primary prevention
From here, the members of this new facility will try to influence relevant aspects of policy and shape new projects that take us towards our mission of reducing the burden of cardiovascular disease.
Apart from efficient secretarial support to all members, the Brussels office can accommodate board meetings, scientific events, webinars, and also meet a significant number of other needs.
The European Heart Agency has two dimensions:
- European Heart Health Institute
- European Heart Academy
European Heart Agency
29 square de Meeus
Phone: +32 (0)2 274 10 70